The Good Stuff Layout

Hi!

I'm from Puerto Rico and here we have a food called "bacalaíto", which is something very typical that characterize us.  It's a fritter made with all purpose flour,  cubanelle pepper, olives, fresh "cilantrillo"and "recao", salt, and cod fish.  Last year my mom made a mix for "bacalaítos" and gave me some.  Some days later, I fryed them and gave one to my baby, it was her first time eating "bacalaítos" and she was enjoying it so much that I took a photo of her.  This layout is about that moment, where she was so happy and cute that I want to preserve this memory with a layout.




To create this page I used Carta Bella Our House collection papers and stickers.  The paper cluster in the right side was made, using paper stripes and tear the left side, there are 9 paper stripes in different widths.


For this page I used a pink cardstock, so I needed to alter it a little bit with some mix media because it was needing something.  To create it, I prepared the cardstock with white gesso, then used Shimmerz paints in Pink and Meet Me @ Sunset to gives the cardstock more color and interest.  Once it was dried I added some white splatters using acrylic paint.  Then I added texture using two stencils from Paige Evans (doily and hearts) and Shimmerz Dazzlerz Puttin' On the Glitz which is a beautiful glittery paste.  Since I used the paste as is, no color was added, it can't be seen easily in the layout, but that was the effect I was looking for because the layout was already busy with all the paper layers.  To see it, one must come closer to the layout and watch it carefully.




The photo is matted with white cardstock to enhance it, but also with patterned papers from the collection.  Foam was used to gives the photo dimension and white crochet thread was used around the photo, this gives the page another texture, is something very simple but I love how it look.


I fuzzy cut the black scalloped border from one of the paper and used it under the photo, also some leaves and butterflies were fuzzy cut from papers.


Some stickers from the 12" x 12" sheet were used to embellish the layout.  Foam was used behind some of them to create dimension in the page and give it more interest.


Finally I sew around the border using white thread and added the title which is from American Crafts.
Thanks for your visit, hope my work inspires you to create!

Until soon,



No comments