Family is Everything Layout

Hi!

For me, family is everything, they are my motor and the reason I wake up everyday trying to be a better person, to be a good example for my daughters.  This is why I fell in love with this collection Garden Harvest by Jillibean Soup.  The messages in it, the colors, flowers, butterflies and everything is perfect for pictures and projects of the people I love the most, my family!  So when I saw the fall call of Scrapbook and Cards Magazine about being blessed, I submitted this layout and they chose and published it.  I was pretty happy about it!  You can check the magazine online for free, it's a great source of inspiration!


To create this layout I did a lot of fuzzy cut from one of the papers in the collection.  I cut all the flowers, leaves and branches of the paper, I used some for this layout and leave the other for future projects.  Also, used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a few white leaves from a file in Silhouette Store #278225.  For a messy look I did some paper tearing, this is a technique I love because it add texture and interest to the projects.


I wanted to do some mixed media in the layout to alter the background paper.  For that, I added some white gesso to a big part of the paper, then use the following paints: Heidi Swapp Color Shine Patina, Tattered Angel Key Lime and Shimmerz Key Lime to add some shades of green using the plastic technique and did some splatters in the same colors, also in black and white using acrylic paint.  Once the paints were dry, I did some stamping using an old background stamp from Unity Stamp called Worn Grid and jet black ink from StazOn.


Then I cut the green paper to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2", distressed the edges, glue it over a black cardstock and did three rounds of machine stitching around it curving the paper to give it a messy look.  The photos were matted with different papers but they all have the black paper in the last layer to help them balance in the layout.  


The title is part of the die cuts of the collection and the banners were cut from the papers.  I consider my self a blessed person, so I love using this word die cut  and when I saw the "family is everything" quote I knew I was going to use it because it was perfect for this project of my family.  Since I love butterflies, I added two of them to the flower clusters and one to the title.


Before the flowers were glued, I used a white Uniball Gel Pen to draw a border around some of the flowers to enhance them.  Finally, I did the journaling using a black Micron pen.  I know this is a busy layout with busy and multiple photos, but I'm always trying to use more than one photos in my pages and I wanted to document these photos.  They are part of a photoshoot one of my husband's friend, Christian Rivera, did for us last year for our baby's birthday.

That's all for the moment, thanks for your visit and hope you get inspire with this project!

Until soon, 

No comments