Stories Layout

Hi!

This week I'm sharing a layout I started a few days ago but it wasn't until yesterday that I had some time to finish it.  It is titled "Stories" and I made it with the amazingly beautiful collection Unforgettable from Cocoa Vanilla.  This is the second layout I make with this collection, I have another in process and I'm planing on making more layouts with it until is finished, so stay tune for more upcoming layouts, with flowers, butterflies and pretty girly colors.


I'm in love with this collection as I mentioned in my previous post, the designs are amazing, it inspire me to create.  For this layout I used a photo of us from May 2018 in Magic Kingdom.  Minnie was one of my baby's favorite character and the stage was so pretty, perfect for this papers.  So here is the layout.

To create this layout I started by using an X-Acto knife to cut around the flower wreath of the paper.  Then I created the mixed media background, for that I covered the white cardstock with clear gesso and used Shimmerz paints in Pink Bubblegum, Beets Me and Refresh Mint.  Once it  dried, I attached the wreath to the background sewing a few times around the top part using white thread.


After that, I matted the photo using papers to made it stand out.  I distressed the paper edges using an edge scrapper to add texture to the page.  Then I started to embellish the layout.  For that, I used the free cut file from Cocoa Vanilla and cut white branches.  I added them to the bottom of the page.



I added some small die cut flowers to the wreath, using foam adhesive and a few butterflies, some are from the die cuts, and others were fuzzy cut from the paper.




For the title, I used the word "Stories" from the Foam Title Stickers of the collection and added some phrases from the sticker sheet.  Then enhanced the title by adding two clear flowers stickers.


I did some paper tearing in the edges and backed them with the teal papel.  Then used a black pen to draw a line around the edges but the gesso in the paper was not helping and I didn't liked how it looked, so I used my sewing machine to stitched around it with black thread.  And to finish, I added some Nuvo drops in Morning Dew, Bubblegum Blush and Carnation Pink.


That's all for the moment, thanks for visiting my blog, hope you like my design and it inspire you to create.

Until soon,
















No comments