Capture Family Moments Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having a great day!  Today I want to share a with you a layout I made using a photo from one of our Disney trips.  I have tons of photos from our vacations at Disney. It is our favorite destination, and even though we have visited it a few times, it always is full of magic. Watching our daughters enjoy the experience makes our hearts as parents so happy!  In 2018 we decided to visit Disney and escape a little from the reality we were all living in Puerto Rico after Hurricane María hit the Island.  It was a last moment trip, not much planning, just go there, have fun and enjoy the moment. 



In this particular day we were at Magic Kingdom and one of the photographers took us a few photos and to our surprise our baby decided to looked at the camera and smile in some of them, yeah!!!  Those were the last photos of that day because it starts to rain a lot and we had to leave the park, but while there we enjoyed everything we can and had lots of fun!  To capture those memories, I created this layout inspired by the Mouse Ears cut file from Paige Evans. This file is so pretty!


To change the cut file a little, I cut it twice, in white cardstock and in a blue paper from Paige Evan's Horizon collection.  Then I removed the flowers area from the blue cut file and adhered the ears and face on top of the white cut file.  After that, I backed the flowers using papers from Horizon.


The photo was matted using papers from the collection and the edges of some of them were torn to add texture to the page. A few paper stripes with torn edges were added to the right side of the layout and a navy border was made using thread and the sewing machine.


The embellishments are from Paige Evans collections. I used stickers, die cuts, puffy stickers, and a paper clip. The tiny blue heart in the bottom corner cluster is from American Crafts Maggie Holmes sticker book.  For the title I used an American Craft Thicker puffy sticker for the "Capture" word and the Amy Tangerine sticker book for the "family memories" words.  The date stamp is also from American Crafts.


At the end, I added some sequins, gold paint splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er and Nuvo drops in Glitter White Blizzard, Glitter Sherbet Shimmers, Crystal Midnight Blue and Crystal Simply White.  The journaling is hidden behind the photo in a card that can be easily pulled to reveal it.


That's all for the moment, I'm still getting my house ready for Thanksgiving/Christmas, the cleaning was done but now we are painting the exterior to get the decorations ready before Thanksgiving, this is why I've been missing but I'm always trying to create something.

Thanks for visiting my blog, hope my work inspires you!

Until soon,


No comments