Magical Day Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! I'm preparing my home for Christmas, here in Puerto Rico we decorate in November so I'm doing a major cleaning before the decorations, today I finished cleaning the kitchen's cabinets and now I'm taking some time to share this layout with the new Simple Stories Say Cheese Christmas collection.  Maybe you already noticed I'm a fan of some companies like Simple Stories and also a huge fan of Disney and I can't hide it, lol.  I ordered this collection immediately it was available.  I love how versatile it is, it can be used for Disney during the Holiday Season but also for Christmas projects about kids or just a happy and colorful Christmas.


This is my first layout with this collection, I used this black paper with the castle as  background to document our visit in January 2016 and used those pretty photos of us in front of the iluminated castle.  At that time, they still had the Christmas decorations which makes this collection perfect to document that visit to the parks.


For the background I used the Star Confetti stencil from Paige Evans with a mix of modeling paste by DecoArt Media and Puttin' On the Glitz Dazzler by Shimmerz to create the glittery stars.


Since the paper was already a little busy and I wanted to use more papers from the collection, I decided to add a few stripes of paper to the left side of the layout, near the photos. To give the page texture and interest, I tear the edges of two stripes of paper, added some stitching using white thread and the sewing machine and an old edge stripe from Bazzill Basic at the bottom.  This red border is very old, I think it has 8 years in my stash, wow, I'm glad it finally found a nice place to be.  Also, I piece of vellum was used behind the photos to helped them stand out.




The layout was embellished using die cuts, stickers and chipboards from the collection.  The title was made using Thickers from American Crafts.  And to finish the page, I added a teared stripe of paper to the top edge and machine stitched around the layout, then added some white paint splatters using Apple Barrel acrylic paint, it was a small touch but I liked it.  What do you think?


Thanks for your visit, hope my work inspires you to create!  I'm working on a new layout, hopefully I'll be sharing it this week in between the Christmas cleaning and the house chores.

Until soon,





No comments