You Are Special Layout

Hi!

A few days ago I was organizing some printed photos I have and found those beautiful photos of my baby and decided they are going to be in my next layout, so here I'm with the layout.  Today's page features those three photos of my baby in which she is posing for the camera, something that is not common but when happens I take advantage of it.  I used the Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable collection to create this layout because the colors of the photos works perfectly with it and it was near my crafting table because I used it in previous layouts and I want to make a few more projects with it, until it's done.



I made a few things to create this layout.  First, I applied white gesso to the background cardstock, once it was dry, I added some Shimmerz paints (Refresh Mint and Naughty or Nice) and made paint splatters with them and with Miner, Miner, 49er.

When the background was ready, I added some patterned papers near the middle and a stripe in the bottom and matted the photos with white cardstock and some patterned papers too.

For the title, I used a cut file from Cut To You by Gwen and backed it with patterned papers from the collection.  It was added to the page using foam to give dimension and to give the title more interest.

After all that, I proceeded to embellish the layout using the die cuts, stickers and some butterflies I fuzzy cut from one of the papers.  For the butterflies, I used foam adhesive behind the wings to make them look more real and not flat.

Then, I added some Nuvo drops in Stone Chalk White, Crystal Gloss Calming Aqua, Crystal Morning Dew, Crystal Gloss Simply White and Crystal Gloss Bubblegum Blush.  For another texture, I added an aqua border of washi tape to the top of the layout and three pieces of pink/coral washi.  Those washi are very old, I have them for a long time and can't remember where I bought them.  I think this is my first time using washi in a layout, and I love how it looks.  These washi tapes are so old that the adhesive in them was not working properly and I had to add a little bit of adhesive to help them stay secure in the layout.  And finally, I did some machine stitching around the layout using white thread.



Thanks for your visit, hope my work inspires you!

Until soon,

No comments