Family Vacation Layout Featured in SCT Magazine

 Hi!

Last month the Summer issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine was released, and now I can share with you this layout that was published on page 70. If you haven't looked at the magazine, you can download the free digital version in their website and/or you can subscribe to the printed version which is amazing! This time, I don't have a process video, but stay with me for all the details about this page.

The collection used to create this layout is Fun at the Park from Doodlebug Designs. I think this is the first time they make a collection that can be used for Disney projects and I have to tell you it is absolutely gorgeous. Lots of embellishments from stickers, die cuts, puffy, washi, etc., that coordinate perfectly with the beautiful patterned papers. 
Previous to the release of the magazine, they made a call for projects and included a Page Maps sketch and I love playing with it because it is always fun to have a nice and balanced design that you can adapt to your necessities. This layout titled "Family Vacation" was made using the Page Maps sketch. You can see it below. I made a few changes, like the frames around the page and the position of the embellishments, but you can appreciate the design in my layout.


I started this page by cutting the white cardstock to 10 5/8" x 10 5/8", then matted it on the black paper that measures 11" x 11" and finally on the red polka dot paper. Since the black and red papers will be covered by the white cardstock, I cut a 1" frame out of them. To attach them, I started by adding the white cardstock to the black, then to the red paper. Using the sewing machine, stitched a black border around the white cardstock.


For the background, I cut 6 pieces of different patterned papers to 3" x 4". My photo is 3 3/4" x 5" and I choose a bigger red polka dot paper to mat it. For the background I used papers from the 6" x 6" pad to have smaller designs that can be appreciated without making the layout so busy that you can't appreciate the photo. For the title area, I cut a piece of yellow stars paper to 4" x 2 1/2" and rounded the corners. 


On the left corner of the photo as suggested by the sketch, I made a little cluster of hearts using die cuts from the collection and foam tape for dimension. Also, I added a "Believe" sticker on top of the photo.


For the journaling, I used a die cut card. I scanned the card, then added the text and printed it. I did this because I was sending this layout to the magazine and I think the printed text makes the design look more clean, and because by printing it I can add more text.  The corners of the card were rounded. The design suggested a cluster in the journaling area, but I moved it to the left of the journaling instead of the right because I liked how it looked there after I added the borders to the layout. There, I used a sticker with foam tape and a two puffy hearts. The sketch had a torn notebook paper look in the journaling area, but I used a black scalloped border sticker.


Now let's talk about the title. I have to tell you: I made the title before the previous clusters, but left it until the end to show it to you. I love how this area turned out, it is my favorite part of this page. I used stamps from Elle's Studio to mimic the stitching using Tsukineko black ink. Then, stamped the "Family" word using Stanley Junior Alphabet stamp by Elle's Studio. I stamped the letters in red and the outline in black. Then, added the sticker and die cut words with foam tape. In the "vacation" word used a red heart to substitute the dot of the "i". Finally, I added the castle and sun stickers with foam tape and the cloud.

  

The last details from the sketch that I wanted to add to my layout was the tab and washi. I used a sticker tab on top of the blue paper and added two pieces of washi in the same places suggested by the sketch.


That's all for this cute page. Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft! Have a wonderful day!



No comments