Summer Vibes Layout with Process Video

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm very happy to share with you my newest layout using a cut file from JustNick Studio. I made this page for my daughter who loves the beach. While thinking on how to make a colorful, happy, and fun summer layout, I came up with the idea of using the Summer Vibes 2 cut file as a sun and this is the result. Stay with me during this post to learn how I made this page, and you can watch me creating it in the process video at the end of this post.

I started this layout by cutting the Summer Vibes 2 cut file in white cardstock. Then, by using Vicki Boutin art crayons and a stencil brush, I colored it yellow. To help the title stand out, I cut a black circle, a slightly smaller than the yellow one, and glued it to the back of the title circle using foam tape. After that, I used a sunburst stencil by Paige Evans to create the rays around the sun and Vicki Boutin's gel crayons in yellow and orange. Once I was pleased with how the rays look around the sun, I used a black pen and a ruler to create a line in each ray. This will help them stand out and look much better. 


Off camera, I added Nuvo Drops in Dandelion Yellow around the sun.


When the cut file/title was ready, I backed the photo in a teal/mint paper from Simple Stories Sunkissed collection. I left a little border on the bottom to make it look like a Polaroid photo and tied a cord and a bow around it. Also, I cut three strips of paper from the collection, a floral, red, and teal. To each strip of paper, I tore the top part and used a distress tool and my nail to add texture to the border and make it looks like waves, then added them to the layout. 


Another piece of patterned paper was added behind the photo. I used an orange polka dot paper to help balance the layout, since the rays have this tone and the floral paper too. I distressed the edges and folded a corner before adding it to the layout. On top of this paper, I added the photo using foam tape.


Now that everything is in place, it is time to add embellishments that help tell the story, making the layout more interesting and prettier. For that, I used the top of two tags that I cut from one of the papers in the collection and tied a piece of the same cord to them. From the journaling bits and pieces pack I used a card for the journaling and placed it on the side of the photo, slightly tilted for more interest. Then, I added a few stickers, chipboards, and foams around the photo. The layout looks really busy because of the big sun and the patterns in the papers, but it only has a few embellishments. Sometimes, it's better to use less stuff, just to help the photo stand out in a busy page.


If you want to see me creating this happy layout, click here.



Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, if this is the case, don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration. 

No comments