Awesome Yay! Layout

Hello! Today, and I'm very happy to share a layout I designed with the gorgeous Crafty Things collection by Simple Stories. This is a new collection, and you must check it out before it is sold out. This is a fun and pretty collection, perfect to document all our crafty stories including the shopping experience! To make it even prettier, many of the embellishments have gold foil details. It's just fabulous! 

I usually scrapbook alone since I get more inspiration in silence, so I don't have many photos of me crafting. I need to start taking selfies to document my crafting story, because it is important too! For this layout, I took all the Crafty Things collection and place them on my desk, then I asked my daughter to photograph me. The light was not the best, but I managed to use the photo to create this layout with lots of flowers and cute little details. 


After choosing the ledger paper with the big flowers, I started matting the photo with different patterned papers from the Crafty Things collection and used a chipboard mat to hold the papers as if they are part of the notebook. For texture, I distressed the edges of the paper and for dimension, I placed them with a little bit of foam tape on the upper left corner. After that, I started playing with the Floral Bits & Pieces to create the clusters in the corners of the photo.


I mixed floral bouquets and single flowers in different sizes to help them stand out in the layout. Aren't these the cutest florals? I love them, I need at least a dozen packs of them to be sure I won't run out!


On the right side of the photo, I added a die cut from the Journal Bits & Pieces and placed a few phrase stickers on top, a chipboard from the Decorative Brads, cardstock stickers, foam stickers, rub-ons, and enamel dots. Did you notice the chipboard is a replica of the Decorative Brads in this collection? Love it!


On the other cluster I repeated the same, by mixing flowers and using foam tape behind some of them for dimension. Also, I added a few enamel dots in both floral clusters to add texture in those areas. In the title area, I added a black polka dot rub-on to create a visual triangle of this pattern around the layout. The other piece is part of the sticky note on the right of the photo and the third piece is a little bit of washi I added on top of the chipboard frame.


For the title, I used the "Awesome" word from the Foam Stickers and the "Yay!" from the Bits & Pieces. Finally, on the top part of the frame I added a paper clip die cut. 
Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration and have a wonderful day!



No comments