Crafty Friends Layout

Hello! Last week I was working with the "Crafty Things" collection by Simple Stories and after creating a layout with it I didn't want to stop using the collection, so I made a second one and today I'm sharing it with you. This time, I used the black paper with the floral brush as my base and added other elements from the collection to create this beautiful layout of my friends and I having a crafty weekend during the pandemic. If you want to know how I made this layout, stay with me during this post while I walk you through the process.

After adding my photos behind the chipboard frame, I started looking for a patterned paper to use as my base. I tried different papers, but the black paper with the floral brush was the one that I liked more. I turned the paper to have the brush on the left side. Then, I choose three more patterned papers to use them in the central part of the layout, behind the photos. I started with the yellow paper adding it to the layout using a precision knife to cut around the brush and the right side of the flowers. By doing this, I was able to fit the paper under the brush. I didn't cut around the whole brush, I left a portion of the florals on the bottom intact to be sure it stays in the right position. To add dimension to the brush, I used foam tape behind it. The second paper I added was the mint floral and finally I added a diagonal piece of the stripes paper to anchor the photos.


For additional texture I stitched around the yellow paper and on the top side of the mint floral paper. Once the papers were ready, I started embellishing the layout. I added two tags behind the photos. The smaller one is from the 6" x 8" paper pad and the big one from the 12" x 12" tags paper. I added a piece of white crochet thread to both of them for decor.


In the right upper corner of the layout, I created a floral cluster using the floral bits & pieces, a flower sticker from the sticker book and a few foam stickers. Then, to enhance the cluster, I added gold and white splatters. 


Under the stripes paper I added the scalloped border from the 12" x 12" sticker sheet. Since the frame had the "Crafty" word on it, I decided to accentuate it by adding the letter from the alpha bits & pieces on top using foam tape. This way, I added dimension to them, and I love how they look with the foil border around them. To create the "Friends" word I used alphas from the "Noteworthy" collection sticker book. I matted them in white cardstock and used a circle punch to cut them. They are also held in position with foam tape. In the photo below you can take a better look on how I cut around the florals using the precision knife.


I didn't want to use the black paper only for the background. I wanted to use another patterned paper, but I couldn't find one that I liked for this layout, so I decided to create my own. I took a 12" x 12" white cardstock and added a strip of the polka dot washi tape around three borders. Then I reduced the black paper by cutting 1/2" on three sides, without damaging the brush. To secure both papers together and for a nice look, I stitched a white border around the layout. On the top part of the brush, I added three rub-ons hearts, aren't they cute? 


To continue with the splatters, look and to balance the page, I added gold and white splatter to the floral area of the brush and embellished with hearts that look like they are falling from the brush. Some of the hearts are rub-ons, other are chipboards, foam and stickers. The last touch to this layout was adding the enamel dot in the floral area and a few phrases stickers on the right side of the title.


I'm in love with this gorgeous collection and those foil details makes me want to create more projects with it. I need more time to create! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments