Rock & Roll Layout

Hello! Photos of my family while riding roller coasters are always hilarious. Just looking at them makes me smile and want to go back to the magical place to have some amazing family time. When I saw the fantastic Say Cheese Tinseltown collection by Simple Stories I started looking into our photos at Hollywood Studios. When I found this one, I was immediately inspired. They are perfect together. This is a great collection with happy colors and gorgeous designs that makes the work of documenting those memories very easy. If you enjoy watching process videos, don't miss this one, you are going to see my creative process and how I sometimes struggle until I'm at peace with the layout.

This time I'm using one of Disney's Photopass photos, which is why you can see some text on top of it. After having my photo printed, I started choosing the patterned papers I wanted to use. 


First, I prepared the background. For that, I used a blue patterned paper with stars, then a yellow patterned paper and finally a white cardstock.  Then, I added the papers on the right side. I used an off- white paper with colored stars, a black paper with music notes and a striped paper.


For the center area, I used the same black paper with music notes to mat the photo and the teal paper with the rock and roll words. The teal paper is the back side of the black paper with music notes. Between them, I added a piece of the red polka dot paper. On the top right side of the layout, I used a red tag to anchor the embellishments of the cluster. I made the tag using a patterned paper from the collection and added a yellow reinforcer to enhance it.

I made a second cluster on the bottom right side of the photo mixing different embellishments like cardstock stickers, foam stickers, die cuts, brads, and enamel dots. I tried to balance the colors throughout the clusters by using the same color palette and some similar elements like the stars and music symbols.


The third and biggest cluster is on the upper left corner of the photo. There I used the film strips and added black paint splatters to enhance the area and fill some of the empty space there.


Let's take a look at the process video. You are going to see the original design behind this layout and how I make some changes to create the final version I'm sharing with you in the photos. You can also see in the video another layout I made with this collection, which I'll be sharing in my next post.


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!


Don't forget to come back soon for more inspiration! Have a wonderful day!


No comments