Autumn Layout

 Hello! I enjoy fussy cutting, so when I saw the leaves patterned paper in My Creative Scrapbook September Main kit, I knew I had to cut them to design a layout. This is the result! For this page I was inspired by the sketch of the month. I changed it a little, but the main elements are present. Now, let's talk about how I made this layout. 


This is the sketch of the month. As you can see, I changed the diamonds on the top for leaves.


To hang the leaves, I used a cream cord I had in my stash and added a strip of paper to the top of the layout to give the cord a hanging place. Once the cords were ready, I started adding the fussy cut leaves using liquid glue in the part that is touching the cord and foam tape on the opposite side. By doing this, I add dimension to the layout and the leaves looks more realistic.


This is a closer view of the hanging leaves. I mixed shapes, sizes, and colors through the garland. 


The sketch suggested four squared photos on top of a piece of patterned paper. I maintained this design and gave it a twist by cutting the edge in a banner shape. 


I moved the title area to the bottom of the photos because the top was already busy with all the leaves. There, I added a few embellishments to create a little cluster.


Another change I made was adding two tags on the back of the photos for the journaling. The tags can be easily pulled out since this area of the yellow paper doesn't have adhesive.


On the lower part of the layout, I added a strip of patterned paper and a scalloped border. I love mixing patterned papers and adding little details to my projects.


Isn't it a cute layout? I love how the leaf garlands look and how they make the layout pop.

Thank you for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope this layout inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments