So Cute Layout

Hello! I was making a layout using the What's Cookin'? collection by Simple Stories, but had this piece of floral paper looking at me, so I decided to use it right away. This paper is gorgeous, I could happily have at least 10 sheets of it. Last month, I made a layout with this collection and used the back side of this paper which is also gorgeous with small flowers. That time, I secured the big floral part of the paper by cutting it diagonally without damaging the floral design on it. Now it is time to use it, so let's talk about how I made this page.

When I started this layout, I knew the photos I would use. They are from my daughter posing with some flowers in the butterfly house at Casa Pueblo in Adjuntas, Puerto Rico. I printed the photos and matted them using a patterned paper in an intense pink to help them stand out from the big florals. Then, I used a neutral wood paper from the 6" x 8" paper pad and a piece of another intense pink below the wood grain paper.

Since I love the big floral design so much, I used a precision knife to cut around some areas because I didn't want to cover them with the photos, so I placed them on top. Then, to finish the background, I used a pink paper on the top area and a piece of yellow paper between them. I cut a 1" x 12" strip of the yellow paper, then cut it in half and added a piece to the lower border and the other piece to the upper border. I repeated the same with the scalloped border sticker. In the middle I added the photos and cover the gaps.



To embellish the layout, I used a foam title from the Wildflower collection. Behind it, I added a journaling die cut, two labels, a brad, and a few hearts around the layout.



Also, I stitched around some of the papers before adding them to the layout like the wood grain mat and the diagonal border of the floral paper. The border around the layout, was made at the end, after mating the page with a Color Vibe Wine cardstock.



On top of the photos, I added a few florals. The big piece in the middle is a chipboard and the others on the side are stickers.  

The final touch to this page was adding paint splatters. For that, I used white acrylic paint diluted in water and Shimmerz' Miner, Miner 49er for the gold splatters.



I love how this layout turned out. Looking at it makes me happy!


Thank you for your visit! I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments