New Earrings for School Layout

Hi! Hope you are having a great day! I'm very happy to share with you this layout I made for my daughters and was published in the Fall issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine. You can find it on page 64. Last year, I ordered a few custom handmade earrings for them. When the package arrived, they were so happy that I took a few photos of them modeling their new earrings. In the photos the youngest one is modeling a milk container and a bowl of fruit rings cereal, and the teenager is modeling a piece of bread and a cup of coffee. Those are things they love, and the earrings are amazing! But let me get back to the layout and tell you how I made it.

The papers and embellishments used in this layout are from Simple Stories School Life collection. It's an old but beautiful collection I had in my stash. It feels so good to use stuff I had for some time! This time, I used five photos in the layout, but one of them is bigger and in a circular shape to make it the focus of the page. Also, I matted it differently with a red notebook paper and with foam tape behind it. 


To create the title, I mixed alphas from Elle's Studio (yellow stickers) and Thickers from American Crafts (blue with glitter). The "school" word is a foam sticker from the collection.


To finish the layout, I embellished it just a little because it is already busy with all the photos, the title and the patterned papers. On top of the circular photo, I added a chipboard phrase and a foam star. 


On the left side of the title, I made a little cluster using die cuts and foam stars. Then, added the journaling printed on white cardstock and cut into thin strips.


I love this layout, those photos of them melt my heart and bring a smile to my face!

Thank you for your visit. I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!



No comments