Yummy Layout

Hello! Today I'm sharing a layout I designed for Simple Stories with the gorgeous "What's Cookin'? collection. My daughter loves trying new recipes and I try to photograph those moments to document them. This layout is about a day she was making a lemon merengue pie. By the way, it was "Yummy". The wide range of colors in What's Cookin'? makes it easy to document moments like this in a fun and beautiful way. 


For this layout, I wanted to use circular photos and as many patterned papers as possible because they are so cute that I couldn't choose two or three. It took me some time to figure out a way of using the patterned papers and after trying a few ideas, I decided on using different sizes of circles and two pieces of torn paper on the side.

I cut circles from the 12" x 12" papers and from the 6" x 8" paper pad. Then, I distressed the edges to give them texture. I played with the circles until I found an arrangement that pleased me, varying the colors, sizes, and patterns.


On the top corner, I made a little cluster using two tags with white bows, stickers, brads, enamels dots, and a floral die cut.


In the middle area, I embellished by adding florals made of foam and stickers from the book. I also added a few chipboard and foam hearts.


For the title, I used the "Yummy" word from the foam stickers and added a chipboard word, a brad, hearts stickers, and a ustensils die cut. In the circles area, I added stickers from the book, brads, and enamel dots to continue with the design in a diagonal way.


On the top circles I added a circular layered chipboard. This product is amazing! They are pretty and give the appearance that a lot of work was done but they already came like this.  


At the end, I decided to mat the layout in a brown patterned paper from "What's Cookin'? to give it a more elegant finish and of course, I stitched a white border around it because I couldn't resist doing it!


If you want to see how I made this layout, take a look at the process video here:



Thanks for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and don't forget to come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments