Together Layout

Hello! Today I'm sharing a layout I designed for My Creative Scrapbook using the October Main kit. The colors of the kit are beautiful, and this time I'm sharing a layout I made using one of the cut files included with the membership. We were visiting a butterfly house ("mariposario" in Spanish), and the design of this cut file is perfect to document this memory. Let's check some closer photos and talk about how I made this layout.

I started by cutting the butterflies cut file using my Silhouette Cameo 3. The settings I used were: Blade Depth 4, Speed 3, and Force 30. I cut it from a textured American Crafts cardstock. Then, I backed the cut file using patterned papers from the kit. Once it was ready, I added foam tape to the back and left it on the side to work with the background.

Since I'm using a white cardstock and the cut file has a white border, I decided to add some color to the background. For that, I used the stencil included and Distress Oxide Saltwater Taffy. Then, I added paint splatters using black acrylic paint diluted in water and Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er.


Check how cute the background looks! Once it was ready, I reduced the cardstock to 11 1/4" x 11 1/4" and added the cut file to the page.


Now, it's time to add the photo and embellish the layout. To mat the photo, I used a piece of the gray paper and a bigger piece of the orange paper, to leave some space for adding the title on top and help it stand out. For additional texture, I distressed the edges of the papers.


The die cut title was printed on vellum and I glued it to a piece of white cardstock. Now it is ready to use foam tape on the back without it be seen. 


On the right side of the title, I added a few flowers, stickers, and leaves, all from the die cuts.


On the bottom of the title, I embellished the layout by adding a few banner die cuts.


The yellow design on the corners of the photo is a vellum frame. I cut it in half and glued it to the layout using liquid glue. It gives the layout a beautiful touch! I almost forgot to tell you, I matted the cardstock on the black floral paper and stitched a gold border around it.


This is all for this layout. Thank you for your visit! I hope you like it, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments