FA-BOO-LOUS Halloween Layout

Hello crafty friends! Halloween is around the corner and today I'm sharing a second layout I designed with the FaBOOlous collection by Simple Stories. As mentioned in a previous post, this time I'm using photos of a friend's granddaughter, she provided me with photos of two different occasions and they are so cute that I couldn't choose between them and made two layouts.  Now, let's talk about how I made this page.

After having my photos printed in different sizes, I played with them until I found and arrangement I liked. Then, I started working with the background. I used a white cardstock, the bat stencil from the collection and Distress Oxide Lost Shadow to make a subtle background where the bats can be seen without overpowering the layout.  I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and glued it to a black cardstock.



In the bottom part of the layout, I added a piece of polka dots papers and a strip of washi tape. Before adding the polka dot paper, I stitch a white border around it. This time, I added the washi tape to a strip of white cardstock and then, I added the strip to the layout, behind the polka dot paper. To help the photos stand out in the layout, I matted them using patterned papers and added a piece of gray paper behind them. This way, they have a place to rest at the same time I create some contrast in the page. 


Now is time for the fun part, the embellishments and this collection have so many items that it is hard to choose only a few of them. They are all so cute, I couldn't stop adding them to the layout. On the top area I added a die cut with the moon to compliment the background. Then, on the left side of the top photo I added the skeleton since there is one in the photo. To enhance him, I added a witch hat to his head and a cauldron on the side. 


For the title, I mixed foam stickers and chipboard stickers. Then, added a broom under the words to give them a resting place.


Since I couldn't stop adding items to the layout, I used ghosts, bats, pumpkins, a Halloween flag, sticker phrases and enamel dots to embellish the page more and maintain the Halloween all around it.


This is all for this layout. It is something that takes me out of my comfort zone, but I enjoy doing it since the products are so cute it was fun to create with them.


Thank you so much for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. Come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments