Boo, Spooky Not Layout

 Hello! Are you a Halloween lover? Today's layout is all about Halloween using the new "FABOOLOUS" collection by Simple Stories. I'm not a Halloween person, but a friend of mine is, so I asked her for some photos of her granddaughter to design a layout. She shares with me photos of this beautiful girl, from two different years, so I made two pages and here is the first one titled "Boo, Spooky Not".  It was fun doing this layout and playing with all the beautiful embellishments available. It was hard for me to choose since the collection have so many cute die cuts, chipboards and stickers. Maybe this is why this page is busy, believe me, it was hard to stop! If you want to watch me creating this beautiful layout, check the process video at the end.

After choosing the photos and the chipboard frame to showcase them, I started looking into the papers for a design that would help the beautiful photos and frame stand out in the page. This is why I choose the gray paper, because it creates contrast with the frame and the design is subtle. By doing this, I can add more patterned papers to the back, and they can all be seen in the layout without distracting from the photo.
I used seven different patterned papers and two cardstocks in this layout to create layers of colors and patterns. In the background, I used the hearts paper, then to create a resting place for the eyes, I used two different cardstocks, black and the Color Vibe Dusty Rose. On top of them I added the orange with bats paper, the black with orange polka dots, the plaid, the stripes paper and the pink with orange dots. Finally, I added the gray paper with the photos and frame.


For some texture, I lightly distressed the edges of some of the papers (not the banners) and stitched a border around the big pieces. 



On the left side of the gray paper, I added the title. I used a foam word and a die cut from the journaling pack. 


Then, I embellished this area with die cuts, stickers, chipboard, foam, brads and enamel dots. In this area, I stamped the date in a label.


On the top area, I added a label with a phrase and embellished it with a floral die cut and a brad. Also a few bats around the photos.


In the right corner of the photos, I embellished a little using flowers, stars, enamel dots, a brad and bats.


Isn't this a cute layout? It was fun to make it and those beautiful photos surely makes my work easier. Let's take a look at the process video here:





Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration!




No comments