Thankful Layout

Hello crafty friend! It's time for the fourth layout I designed for My Creative Scrapbook using the lovely October Main kit. This time, I made a fall layout using the flowers from the kit, a little mixed media, and lots of texture. Stay with me during this post to learn how I made this layout!


For this page, I was inspired by the photos of my daughter in a butterfly farm. She was very excited to be learning about the butterflies and watching them. They are not the typical fall photos since we don't have those color changes in Puerto Rico, but they are from the season. To help the photos stand out, I matted them using various patterned papers, but the first one is a gray tone, something neutral to help them stand out from all the colors. 


For texture, I distressed the edges of the papers. It's an easy technique that adds a lot of interest to the page. 


Before adding the photos and papers, I used the stencil from the kit to add more texture and color to the white cardstock. I used Distressed Oxide Speckled Egg, then added paint splatters using a Coal paint by Shimmerz.


Once the paint dried, I added the striped, peach paper to the background and two strips of the gray paper. All of them were also distressed. Then, on top of the peach paper, I added the photos with all the mats.


For the title, I used a gold "thankful" printed in vellum which is part of the die cut pack. To help it stand out from the patterned papers, I matted it on white cardstock and fussy cut around it. Then, I added it to the layout using foam tape. Under it, I added a banner using foam tape too.
 

From one of the papers, I cut a tag and printed the journaling on it. Then, I added a piece of white ribbon and cream thread to decorate it and added a gold heart to cover the hole. I placed the tag on the left side of the photos and decorated the empty area with mushrooms and flowers from the die cuts. Also, I added a chipboard circle under the cluster.


On the top corner of the photos, I made another cluster using die cuts. I played with the foam tape to give them dimension by adding the foam tape in strategic places.


At the end, I cut a part of the white cardstock on the top and bottom, then backed it using an orange piece of patterned paper. With that I finished this elegant layout.

Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments