First ER Visit Layout

Hello!

A few weeks ago, I bought the beautiful papers from Photo Play Under the Weather collection.  They look childish and are perfect to document the hard and sad moments of having a kid not feeling well, but in a colorful way.  Since I never scrapbook those moments, I decided to buy them and scrapbook some of those hard moments in the life of my daughters and in our life as parents, because the truth is, not all days are happy, sometimes we have to overcome hard situations.   But I believe those moments helps us be grateful for all the blessings we have.

This layout is about the first time we had to take our baby daughter to the Emergency Room.  She was dehydrated because of some virus. We were in the ER more than 30 hours but at the end she leaves feeling well and full of energy.


This is a very simple and easy layout made with a few pieces of papers.  Since this is a very small collection of only have three papers, I used the cards from one of them to create some embellishments like the bear in the bed I fuzzy cut and the die cuts from the collection.  For the title, I used an X-Acto Knife to position the bear in the card without covering the “G”.


To add more texture and interest to the page, some of the embellishments have foam adhesive.  The journaling is long and didn't fit in the board, to solve this problem I added it to the page using Velcro and finish the journaling on the back side of the card.


The layout was matted in pink, white and navy cardstock, I love how it looks and I think it brings more interest and a nice finish to the page.  At the end I added some stitching and paint splatters using white acrylic paint, Pink Bubblegum from Tattered Angels and watercolor paint from Daler Rowney.



For the title I used some chipboard alphas in a can from Crate Paper, they are old but I had them in my stash and as I told you in a previous post, I'm trying to incorporate old stuff in all my projects.  The stickers alphas are from My Mind's Eye and the enamel dots from Echo Park Paper Bundle of Joy a New Addition.



Hope you like it and get inspire to create!  Thanks for your visit!

Until soon,


No comments