Darling Girl Layout

Hi!

Recently, I found these lovely papers from Mintay by Karola in a local scrapbook store (Scrapbook Treasure in Moca, Puerto Rico).  The papers are amazing, they are from Poland.  The designs are so pretty, the colors are beautiful and the paper is very thick, just perfection!  I bought some of the collections available in the store because I couldn't resist them.  To create this layout, I used the Lovely Day collection.  It is full of flowers so I bought two sheets of some of the papers to fuzzy one and use it as embellishments and the other, maybe, as a background.


To create this page, I was inspired by the diamond shape in the flower cluster in the left.  This is why I cut a few diamond frames, using my Silhouette Cameo and white smooth cardstock.  I made them in two different sizes.  



Then, I played a little bit with them until a found the arrangement I wanted.  I used the flowers I fuzzy cut from the papers as embellishments and added a little bit of foam tape behind some of them for dimension.


To enhance the title area, I made a cluster using the camera and flowers from the papers.  Also, some old butterflies from Bo Bunny and the biggest one was from Etsy, I bought it a few years ago.  Since I had them in my stash and coordinate so well with the papers, it was time to use them and stop holding them (I'm slowly progressing in this area, lol). The gold glittery frame around the middle photo is part of the Crate Paper Little You chipboard sheet packaging.  It was the same size of the frame, so I used it and love the result.


The title is from American Crafts (Pebbles) Goldie Thickers, they are in foam and are great, I love them!  For an extra detail I cut some leaves using an old Sizzix Thinlits Die and green cardstock from Bazzill.


I used the Zig Memory System pen in black to write the journaling and draw the line around the layout. To finish the layout, I made some paint splatters using the Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er.


Can you see all the details in the papers?  They look so real and beautiful with the shadows and texture.  I'm in love!!!


The word "girl" was made using the My Mind's Eye Now & Then Dorothy Celebrate alpha stickers, another oldie but very practical to have on hand.


I did the journaling in one of the frames, is in Spanish which is my first language, is about how my daughter loves going to play in our yard and pick up the flowers she finds in the grass.

Hope you like this layout and got inspired to create something!

Until soon,


No comments