Love Bug Layout

Hi!

A few weeks ago, I started this layout but left it to find the photo and decided in which size I would be using it.  Well, things happened and yesterday I printed the photo and finished it.  Those papers are stunning, full of beautiful details that make them look so real and gives a dimensional look.  In a previous layout I used the same paper but fuzzy cut it, this time I'm using it whole as a background for the page and added a diamond frame cut file from Handipaper.



This paper collection is from Mintay by Karola, named Lovely Day.  To embellish the page I used some elements I fuzzy cut from the papers and backed flowers from the cut file using this collection but the leaves were backed using some scraps I had from Pink Paislee, My Minds Eye and Simple Stories.  I sort my scraps by colors because this helps me find them faster when crafting.



Some of the details I fuzzy cut are the flowers, camera, a "piece of paper" and a branch.  Since the background paper and the cut file are so busy, I decided to only cluster a few elements in one place, the corner of the photo, and leave the rest of the layout as is.  The butterfly is from Bo Bunny, it is very old, I think it was part of the Gabrielle collection.


Since the frame was delicate, I cut it twice and glue them together to make it stronger and thicker. I love the look of rust in the page, it looks so real!


I added some paint splatters using white acrylic paint and a gold paint I had in my stash.


The cut file is beautiful, I cut it approximately to 11 inches tall to fill the page and have some space to add embellishments to the center frame.  To backed the center of the frame I used the same background paper , I carefully cut it using an X-Acto knife, flip it and glue it on the back of the page using washi tape all around the frame. 


The title if from American Crafts Goldie thickers, I love how they look and makes my life easier when crafting.  To mat the photo I used a piece of yellow and pink papers from this collection and a doily.  To give some texture I decided to tear the pink paper edges.  At the end I tear some areas around the layout and backed them using some scraps of a paper that looks like wood.


Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you like the layout and got inspired!!!


2 comments