Celebrate New Year's Day Layout

Hello! Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm getting ready to finish this year and welcome 2024 with the desire of having a year full of health, happiness, and good things for everyone! Before ending 2023 I want to share this layout with you using the Happy New Year Simple Set by Simple Stories. 

This is a mini set of 6 patterned papers, two of each design, and a sheet of 12" x 12" stickers. It's a cute and happy set that can be used for New Year's photos, but also for birthdays and girly projects. I usually don't take photos in New Year since we spend it at home in pajamas watching movies but last year, we visited Disney World and by that time I still had the Genie + app in my phone and took these selfies with it. They are not the best photos, but they're the only ones I have from that day.

I started by cutting the papers for my background. I used the fireworks paper and a piece of the striped paper. Between them, I added the scalloped sticker. 


After that, I added a piece of the teal paper with the bottom edge notched to give it the look of a banner. Then, I matted the photos using the striped paper and the polka dot paper.


To embellish the layout, I used most of the stickers in the 12" x 12" sheet and mixed them with a few chipboards from the Color Vibe Brights. 


To give the embellishments dimension, I used foam tape behind most of them. 


Then, I added a few enamel dots also from the Color Vibe Brights collection.


At the end, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and matted it with a black cardstock. To secure them together and for a better look, I stitched a border around the layout.


If you want to watch me creating this layout, check the process video here:





Thank you so much for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year 2024!



No comments