Jolly Holiday (Snow Globe) Layout

Hello! The December Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook includes a mix of patterned papers. This polka dot red paper by Memory-Place is one of them. I wasn't sure what to do with it since it has a beige wreath around it, but I knew I will not leave it as a whole piece, so I started by cutting around the beige wreath. Once I have it, I noticed it looked like a snow globe. After that, I knew what to do and this is the result!

Using a brown wood grain paper from my stash, I created the base for the snow globe. Then, to make the snow globe design stand out in the layout, I decided to add the photos and embellishments to the central part of it. This way, I will not cover it. I used two photos of my daughter, matted in a beige/green paper. I left a bigger border on the bottom to give them a Polaroid look. 


After arranging the photos, slightly tilted, I added the foam title and the candy cane. By using different fonts in the title, it gets more attention from the viewer and looks prettier!


On the left side of the title, I added a fussy cut Santa from one of the 4" x 6" cards in one of the papers. Then, I used foam tape to add it to the layout and tucked a chipboard circle behind it. On top of the snow globe base, I added a foam label with the "Merry Christmas" phrase.


For an additional embellishment and to hide the journaling, I added a tag behind the photo. To pull the tag easily, I only added glue to the sides of the photo, leaving the central part clear. A piece of gingham ribbon and white thread was added to the tag to embellish it.


On the right side of the photo, I added a heart and two leaves to balance the layout.


In the end, I added two pieces of patterned paper with tear edges for additional texture. By adding the papers, I gave the snow globe a resting place instead of leaving it floating in the layout.

Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments