Holiday Fun Layout

Hi! The month is ending, so today I'm sharing my fifth layout using the December Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook. This is a happy and fun layout I made for my daughter using some photos I took of her dressed as Santa's helper before going to the school party. She loves dressing up and using props.  

To help me showcase the photos, I cut four tags from one of the papers in the kit, then embellished each of them with twine. This time, I used one of the cut files provided with the membership as my title. I backed it with patterned paper and used foam tape to add it to the layout.


Before adding the photos, I worked with the background. Using the stencil from the November Main Kit and light modeling paste, I added texture to the bottom of the white cardstock in a random pattern. Once it dried, I used Bundled Sage Distress Ink diluted in water to add color to the area.


 When the background was dry and ready, I added the papers, photos, and title. For texture and interest, I tore the edge of the plaid paper in the background. 


To embellish the page, I used the chipboards, foam, and stickers from the kit in the photos and around the title. 


The three ornaments were fussy cut from one of the 4" x 6" cards in one of the papers. 


In the end, I added gold paint splatters using Miner, Miner 49er by Shimmerz.




But before calling it done, I reduced the white cardstock to 11" x 11", matted it in a cranberry cardstock by Simple Stories and then matted it again in a green patterned paper from the kit. To secure all the papers together, I stitched a border around them using white thread. 


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!

1 comment

  1. Hi, Just wanted to say that my friend and I just scraplifted this design while we were chatting and scrapping together via FaceTime - thanks so much for the inspiration! :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete