Oh, What Fun! Layout

Hello! During Christmas day, I always sit in front of my daughters to photograph them while they open their presents. I love capturing those memories and seeing the photos and videos later on. During 2018, Santa brought my little one a Minnie Mouse phone and she loved it! She started talking and pressing the buttons. When searching for photos to create a layout with the gorgeous Boho Christmas collection by Simple Stories, I found them and knew they will be a perfect match!

In my Christmas projects I can't resist using red, so I started this layout by adding a piece of the red polka dot paper in the background. On top of it, I added a piece of the gingham green paper. Those two papers create a perfect contrast for the photos and tie the page together. Then, to give this layout a Christmas vibe, I used the stencil of the collection to create the trees background. I used two different greens from Distress Inks (Bundle Sage and Forest Moss). I also added a few black sticker trees.


Before adding the photos to the layout, I matted them using papers from the 6" x 8" paper pad since their patterns are smaller and can be seen behind the photos without overpowering them. After arranging and aligning the photos, I added the foam title. Isn't it perfect for this layout?


After having all the basic elements ready, I started embellishing the layout by adding die cuts, stickers, layered chipboards, brads, enamel dots, and more. 


When creating the clusters, I add foam tape behind some of the elements to give the page dimension without making it bulky.


I added a foam banner between the photos and, on top of them, a word sticker from the 12" x 12" sticker sheet or from the sticker book. Then, to add the journaling without covering the trees in the background, I printed it in vellum and added it to the layout using liquid glue.


If you want to watch me creating this layout, check the process video here:




I love how this layout turned out with the gorgeous trees in the background and all the amazing designs in this collection!


Thank you very much for your visit! I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration.

No comments