Wildflowers Layout

Hi! Recently we visited Café Tres Picachos in Jayuya, Puerto Rico. It was a beautiful place with lots of nature and nice places to take photos. As a scrapbooker you can imagine I didn't miss the opportunity. The photos I'm using in this layout were taken there and they work so well with this collection that I'm in love! You can see how I made this layout in the process video at the end of this post, and you are going to see how quickly I made this page!


Having products that are pretty and match with the photos is always a good combination for having fun. This is what happened when I was creating this layout using the Simple Vintage Meadow Flowers by Simple Stories. This is a big collection with so many beautiful embellishments that it was hard to choose which one to use, but I started with the chipboard frame. What I love about these frames is how quickly they embellish the photo with all the designs they have.  After that, I chose three papers for the base and two strips of other papers to give the photos an anchoring place. 


On the upper part of the layout, I added the foam title. For that I created a little cluster using die cuts from the ephemera and page pieces packs. Also, I added a floral foam, a die cut butterfly, a foam butterfly, a decorative brad, and a few enamel dots. 


On top of the frame, I added two green butterflies. The bigger one is a die cut and the smaller one is a chipboard. Under the frame I added a big pink butterfly. To help the papers in the photo area stand out, I notched their edges and added a scalloped sticker border.


To balance the layout, I added a few die cuts to the right of the photos. I used a layered card and two tickets. Then, I added a chipboard heart, a foam flowerpot, a sticker tab, a decorative brad, and a few enamel dots.


If you look at the layout, you are going to see that I arranged them in a diagonally to create movement in the layout from the bottom to the top


If you want to learn how to create this layout, watch the process video of it:



At the end, I added some gold splatters using gold paint.


Thank you so much for your visit and for staying with me. Hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments