Girl Power Layout

Hi!


My daughter recently started playing softball and she love it!  She's enjoying the all the process, from learning all about softball, knowing new girls to the importance of team work and how our decisions and actions affects others which for me is the most important lesson.  As you can see in the photos, her uniform is orange so I went into my paper stash to find a collection that worked for the theme and colors and choose some Vicki Boutin papers and embellishments.




I took all the products I have from her collections since they can be mix match because the colors and patterns are similar.  The cut file I used is from Wild Pilot, you can find them in the Silhouette Store or at their Etsy Shop.  Papers are from Vicki Boutin Field Notes colllection but the embellishments are from Color Kaleidoscope, Field Notes and All The Good Things collections.


Since the softball ball is neon yellow, and the stitches is red, I decided to paint the cut file with Vicki Boutin art crayons.  To create the yellow tone similar to the ball, I mixed the crayon with  Tattered Angel Key Lime Mist and then with a brush color the heart/ball area of the cut file.



After adhering the cutfile to the background paper I chain stitched around the heart using white embroidery floss and added some white acrylic paint splatters near the flowers area.  Once the paint was dried I mat the photos using patterned paper, added them to the page with foam adhesive and embellished with flowers, leaves, tags and hearts.


The journaling is in the tag that says "details" which is in the left side behind the photos, it can be easily pull.  The title was made using orange letter stickers from Making Memories (an oldie from my stash) and white foam Thickers from American Crafts.



To finish the layout I added some teared stripes of paper to the top and bottom of the layout and finished it with a machine stitched border using white thread.




Thanks for your visit, hope my work inspire you to create!

Until soon,














No comments