Happy Days Layout


Hi!

A few weeks ago I made this double layout.  I was inspired by the beautiful papers from My Mind's Eye Splendor collection.  I love everything about this collection, the color palette is amazing, so girly, shabby chic, romantic, elegant and versatile, making it perfect for a lot of projects.  Since I couldn't chose one or two papers to work with, I used practically all of them to create this layout.

This is the left side layout, for this page I used a cut file from Handipaper in Etsy, it is very cute and works great with this collection because it have swans.  I backed the cut file using papers from the collection and used foam adhesive to adhere it to the page.  I used white cardstock as the base, but it was needing something, this is when I decided to mat the layout in black cardstock  to make it more interesting and elegant. 


For the right side layout, I created a cluster of embellishments to balance the pages and create some interest in the photo area.  I used the stickers from the kit, the 3D stickers and chipboards from the collection, they are all beautiful and gives the layouts a great look in no time!


To backed the leaves, I used the leaves from one of the paper so they look more real  Also, used some pieces of the packaging, like the yellow circle with stripes in the middle of the flower.


The different embellishments used in the layout, add texture and dimension to the page since some are paper stickers and other are chipboard or 3D sticker.  I placed them in top and underneath the cut file to create an embellishment cluster that coordinates with the right side layout.



I distressed the papers, teared their edges and rolled some of them on top, to create the background. This added more interest to the page and I consider it enhanced the layout and make it looks more pretty.



A lace border punch from Martha Stewart was used to add another delicate and girly detail to the layouts.  At the end, some paint splatters were added, using black acrylic paint and Shimmerz Miner, Mine 49er.




This is all for the moment, I'll be sharing other layouts this week.  Thanks for your visit and hope my work inspire you to create! 

Until soon,





No comments