Our First Christmas Together Layout

Hi!

It's been a while since my last post, sorry about that, sometimes it isn't easy for me to photograph my projects and update social media, especially the blog.  I haven't posted anything, but I've created two layouts and a card that I photographed today to share them.  This post is about a layout I made to remember the first Christmas with my baby girl.

To create this layout I used patterned papers from Echo Park Paper I Love Christmas collection, Simple Stories Merry & Bright collection and Crate Paper Santa's Workshop collection.  To embellish it, I used cut files, stickers and made some shakers. Check all the details below!


The ornaments were cut with the Silhouette Cameo 3, using  some cut files from Jillilbean Soup.  I cut them in white cardstock, then used gold acrylic paint to alter the words and hangers.  Once they were dry,  I made shakers with them, using glitters from Target and gold stars my sister gave me some time ago. The tin has no label, so I don't know who the manufacturer is.



The branch is a cut file from Paige Evans. I backed it with paper, then added clear Nuvo Drops on top of the red spots and adhered the branch to the layout.  Before adhering the ornaments to the page, I used the sewing machine with a yellow/gold thread to sew the lines from the ornaments to the branch to give the impression they were hanging in the page.  The ornaments were adhered with foam tape for dimension and a ribbon was added on top of each one to enhance them.  


The title was made using American Crafts gold and white Thickers, the blue stickers are very old, they were made by Pink Paislee and the "our" word was made with My Mind's Eye stickers.  Some of the letters were bordered with brown and black pens to help them stand out from the patterns.  A paper cluster was made behind the photos to give the layout more interest. Some edges were distressed and others were teared for additional texture.


A few stickers from Echo Park Paper The Story of Christmas and I Love Christmas collections were added.  I love this cute little angel, dressed in blue like my baby.


And to finish the layout, I machine stitched around the border using white thread and added some paint splatters using white acrylic paint.



Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope my work inspires you to create.  My next post is going to be for the card, which was basically made using an additional ornament I made and the same products to make it faster.

Have a wonderful day,

No comments