Love You Layout

Hi!

Hope you are safe and having a wonderful day! We are very good, all in home, still in quarantine since March 15, but we are happy because we are healthy and together and this is what's important. Soon, hopefully, everything will be back to normal and I'll have more me time to craft. Today I'm here to share with you a layout I made for my daughter. In the photo she was 10 months and soon she'll be 15 years, time flies.

My inspiration for this layout came from one of the patterned papers from the Dear Lizzy She's Magic collection. The paper have diagonal stripes in different colors. I cut them apart and made used the Martha Stewart fringe scissor to add texture and dimension to them. Using the fringe scissor was very helpful to  made the process easiest and fastest. Then I was thinking how I would use the fringed stripes, and this is when I decided to use a cutfile and since I had this heart from Handipaper already cut, I decided to back the big heart using the fringed stripes.



Once the big heart was backed with the fringed stripes, I backed the flowers and leaves in the cutfile using other papers from the collection. Then, I placed the cut file and the big heart in a white American Crafts cardstock and made a chain stitch border  using white DMC embroidery floss. I love how cute this detail is , and how it enhanced the layout.


After that, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/4" x 11 1/4", added a yellow cardstock to the back and the coral patterned paper from the collection which have shimmer to make it prettier!


Since the background was ready and I loved how it looked, so I used the sewing machine to add a white border to the layout. I used only one photo in the layout because the page was busy with all the textures and colors and because the photo is in color  and a big flower is shown. So I wanted to ensure the photo was seen and it captures the eye of the viewer.


To embellished the layout I used the die cuts, puffy stickers, words stickers and the papers from the Dear Lizzy She's Magic collection. I added some phrases stickers in the top corner and a few paint splatters using Shimmer'z Miner, Miner 49er and Clementine.


A small embellishments cluster was made in the bottom corner to enhance the journaling. I used a tag die cut, puffy stickers and twine from American Crafts. The gray pen used is from Staedler.


A flower from the die cut pack was used in the right side of the photo to create interest around it.


The date was stamped using Tsukineko Dove Gray and a Becky Higgins stamp. The label was fuzzy cut from one of the 3" x 4" cards in the paper pad.


For the cluster on the top corner of the photo, I fuzzy cut a bunch of flower from one 3" x 4" card. I used it because the flowers have a nice size. Also, added some puffy flowers and a bird. The heart in the date label is from Amy Tangerine.


Finally, I added the title using the Happy Thickers from American Crafts and a puffy heart from She's Magic.



That's all for the moment. I have other layouts I made and need to photograph to share with you. I'll be doing it in the next days so stay tune. Thanks for your visit, hope you like my work and it inspires you to create!





No comments