Say Cheese and Celebrate Layout

Hi!

How are you doing? Hope you are safe and having a great day! We are in the day 43 of quarantine, working and studying from home and trying to give the girls a life as normal and fun as possible. And in the meantime, when its possible, I take some time to do scrapbooking. Today I'm sharing with you a layout I finished a few days ago but hadn't photograph, titled "Say Cheese and Celebrate".


In this layout I used two photos of our 15th anniversary in 2018. They were taken using the camera timer and the other was took by our daughter. We love having family time and celebrating all special occasions together.



In February I purchased the 14 Days of Valentine cutfiles from Paige Evans and I'm still working with those files. If you don't know about them, it is a package with 14 files that are exclusive, you can't find them individually neither in the Silhouette store. But you can still buy the package in her Etsy shop. The Gnome I used in this layout is part of this package, it is very cute, don't you think?


When cutting the gnome, I cut one complete and another partially, only the hat area, using white texture cardstock from American Crafts. First I backed the hat from the partially cut file using papers from Paige Evans collections for Pink Paislee (Whimsical, Horizon and Pick Me Up). Then backed the other gnome, the one that is complete (skipping the hat portion)   using cardstocks from Bazzill Basics and American Crafts for the skin and mustache and the papers from the collections for the pants and shoes.


Once the files were backed, I added the backed hat on top of the complete gnome using foam adhesive to add dimension to it.


Since the gnome was so big and full of color, I decided to maintain the layout as simple as possible. For that, I used a purple ombre paper, you must know that I'm not a fan of purple, the truth is the color I like the least but it was the one that looked pretty in this layout so I decided to get out of my comfort zone and used it, on top of the white paper with colored hearts. I distressed the edges of the purple paper and did some machine stitching around the border to add another texture to the page without making it more busy and did splatters using white acrylic paint and a brush.


To enhance the gnome and to add something interactive and fun to the layout, I made a shaker in the heart he's holding using sequins from Target.


I love how cute the shaker looks, not that the gnome need it, but it surely makes it prettier.


After that, I added the gnome to the background using craft foam. Then, cut two pieces of papers for the photo area, tearing the edges and distressing them for more texture. Behind them, I decided to use a lace border cutfile from Paige Evans, this one is available in Silhouette store or her Etsy shop. This border adds another white detail to the layout that helps make the page a bit elegant, since this is a wedding anniversary layout. Once everything was glued, I added the title using the Kaleidoscope Thickers from American Crafts, the enamel hearts are parts of the them. The "and celebrate" part of the title, was made using stickers from My Mind's Eye Now and Then.


An to finish the layout, I added some flowers stickers from the Paige Evans' collections, to create two small clusters, one near the family photo and the other behind the gnome. The journaling was printed in white cardstock using Sitka Heading font in size 9.


And this is how I made this layout. Thanks for visiting my blog, and staying with me until here. Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to create!




No comments