Sun + Fun Layout

Hi!

How are you? Hope you are doing great and having a good day! Today I'm sharing a layout I made using a Page Maps sketch and photos of my baby girl. Since we live in Puerto Rico, and here is practically Summer all year, she enjoy to wear swimsuits and is always ready to play with water. It's a simple layout but I added some details to make it pretty and fun.


First I cut the pink and blue papers from Jen Hadfield Chasing Adventuures and made a border using an old edge punch from Martha Stewart and the pink glitter paper from the project pad.


With all the colors from papers and the photos, I decided to use a white American Crafts textured cardstock as the background and added a fuchsia border using a paper from Jen Hadfield My Bright Life collection. To add texture to the page, I distressed the edges of the paper a little bit.


The sewing machine was used to stitched around the layout using white thread. A zig zag border in pink was made stitched between the blue and pink paper and two straight lines were made on the  left side of the blue paper.



For the journaling, a die cut card from Pebbles was used. I cut it in two parts so I can used them on top and under the photos. To embellished the layout die cuts from Pebbles, Elle's Studio and Jen Hadfield were used. To enhance the sun and make it prettier, I hand stitched it using embroidery thread. This gives it more texture and makes it look fun!


Also, cardstock and puffy stickers from Jen Hadfield were used. The chipboard leaf is from Pebbles. Some stickers with phrases/words were used from Maggie Holmes stickers book. To give dimension to some of them, craft foam was added to the back. The title is from American Crafts Chill Thickers.




The date was stamped using Tsukineko Jet Black ink and a stamp from American Crafts. For the tag, a piece of ribbon and a bow was made with crochet thread were added to embellish it. At the end, paint splatters were added to the corners using Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Ocean, Navy and Seafoam and a little bit of Shimmer'z Miner, Miner 49er. And, as a final detail a few sequins were used in the splattered area.




Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to create!


No comments