My True Love Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having a beautiful day! Recently I made this wedding layout, using one a photo from my wedding album. I don't have the photos digitally, so I had to scan it for the layout, this is why it is not the best photo. Those photos are very important to me and I'm trying to use them in my layouts no matter they are not the best quality.


I started this layout with a heart cut file from Handipaper. I backed the leaves using a green old paper from Echo Park This & That and the flowers with vellum. For the background I used a subtle peach paper from My Mind's Eye Bliss collection that have a honeycomb design.


The photo was matted using papers from My Mind's Eye Bliss collection too. A piece of craft foam was added to the back of the photo to make it pop from the layout. The peach flowers were fuzzy cut from another papers of the collection.



Since I wanted a clean and elegant design for my page, I tried to keep it simple. I made two flower clusters on the corners of the photos using the fuzzy cut flowers and vellum flowers I made. To create the vellum flowers, a Honey Bee Stamp and die was used and gold embossing powder from Ranger. Those gold flowers add an elegant touch to the page enhancing it.




For the title, I used a die cut from My Mind's Eye and on top of it, added the "my true" words using American Crafts Happy Thickers and the "love" word from the sticker sheet of the collection.


After that, I was feeling the page was in need of some extra details. This is the moment I decided to add two stripes of paper to the sides of the layout and with the machine, stitched a white border around the page. Then I added the banners to the top corner and the flower sticker to embellished them.

I still was feeling something was needed, so I made paint splatters using white acrylic paint and Shimmer'z Miner, Miner 49er. Then, I added a few beautiful enamel dots in the clusters area for more texture and dimension. I love mixing materials in my pages!



At the end, I made the journaling in Word using a font named Sitka Banner in size 9 and printed it in white cardstock. I cut it in thin stripes and added them to the layout using liquid adhesive.


This is basically the process to create this layout. Hope you like it and got inspired! Thank you for your visit!
























No comments