Books Are Magical Adventures Layout

Hello!

How are you doing? Today is a beautiful sunny day in Puerto Rico and we are doing great! Recently I bought a sketch class from Scrapbook Generation designed by Allison Davis. The idea of the class is to use the 6" x 6" pads to create double spread layouts. I decided to purchase it to push myself to use those pads I've had in my stash for a long time and to create some double layouts. This post is for the fist sketch, I'll be doing my best to make at least one of the 20 sketches included in the class per week. 

As mentioned before, the idea of this class is to use 6" x 6" paper pads to create the layouts. To create these pages, I used the Shimelle Glitter Girl 6" x 6" pad and one sheet of the pink polka dot paper to mat the photos. 


The sketch suggested using stars, perfectly aligned, on the left page, but I made some changes to make the layout more my style. I used a hearts cut file from Paige Evans and backed it using different papers from the pad. I also used embroidery floss in fuchsia to stitch a chain border around some of them. 
 

Another change I made was to add a bit of paint to the background cardstock. For that, I used Shimmerz Pink paint diluted in water and a brayer to apply it to cardstock. Once it was dry, I made splatters using the paint left.


To embellish the layout, I used die cuts, stickers and puffy stickers from Shimelle's Glitter Girl and Head in the Clouds collections. Those collections have girly elements in similar colors that can be combined. 


For the title, I used stickers from Shimelle's collections. The blue stickers are part of the Joann exclusive project pad for Sparkle City collection. The pink letters are from the Glitter Girl stickers pack.


The right side page was basically the same as the one I made. It suggested using 4 different 6" x 6" papers to create the background. The only thing I changed about it was the photo mats, since I used white, fuchsia and a pink polka dot patterned paper. The original sketch only used one mat. Another thing I changed was the embellishments. I changed their position and the quantity of them.


When I make double spreads, I try to used common elements on both pages. For these layouts, the common elements were the photo mats and the hand stitching on both pages. 


In this layout I used photos of my baby with a story book. She loves to see the books and for us to read the stories to her. This is something we practice with our daughters to teach them the importance of reading and to love books. She looks too cute on those photos!


To enhance the theme of the layout and photos, I used embellishments that work with kids' stories, like magical dragons, unicorns, lots of colors, and big shapes. This helps the photos stand out and helps balance the pages.


Thanks for visiting my blog, hope this layout inspires you to craft and/or use some old products you have. I'll be back soon with another layout, stay tuned!




No comments