Bundle of Joy Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Last week was a busy one with little time to scrapbook, but I managed to finish this layout for my baby girl. I used papers from different companies, created my background, and used a cut file from the Silhouette store. 

A few weeks ago, I cut those mountains for a layout, using a paper from the She's Magic collection by American Crafts, but then I didn't use them. I saved them for a future project since I don't like to waste pretty paper. Long story short, I started this project with the mountains, finding a way to use them. In that moment this idea came to my mind, a cute animal cut file for a baby layout with a pretty sky!


I looked for a paper with nice clouds, but couldn't find any quickly. The truth is I didn't look a lot around my papers because I remember I had a clouds/sky die from Honey Bee Stamps still new since last year. It is called Cloud Borders and includes a set of dies. I cut them in white cardstock and then used them as stencils using Distress Ink Tumbled Glass and the Ranger Blending Tool. I love how it turned out, sadly the photo don't do it justice because in person it is more bright.


Once the background was ready, I added the green mountains to the layout. I distressed the edges to give them texture and used foam adhesive on the front one for more interest and dimension. After that, I matted the photos using a 6" x 6" paper from the Echo Park Bundle of Joy and a gray frame from Crate Paper. For the title I used Thickers Goldie. Then, I embellished the layout using stickers and die cut flowers from Pebbles. In some of the flowers and leaves I used foam adhesive to create layers for dimension in the page.


I bought this cute lamb in the Silhouette store (item #292221). I used a pink paper from She's Magic for the ears and white cardstock for the rest. The heart is a sticker from Maggie Holmes sticker book. The nose was painted using Memento Angel Pink ink and the eyes with Apple Barrel black acrylic paint. A thin black pen from Micron was used to create a border around the different pieces. For the cheeks I used a cotton swab and the same Memento ink. 


I wanted to give the lamb a special touch,which is when I decided to use cotton in her head. I love how it looks; I think it makes the lamb even cuter! I used only a cotton ball, which I stretched so it was thinner and more loose.


To add a few more details to the layout, I used stickers from Pebbles and Maggie Holmes around the photos to add a few words and the date, which was stamped using Stazon Dove Gray ink pad and a stamp from Park Lane. A few drops of Nuvo in White Blizzard and Simply White were added around the flowers and paint splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er. 


The last detail I added to the page was a stitching border made with my sewing machine and white thread. It is very subtle, but I like how it looks and makes the page looks more complete and artistic. Thank you for your visit! Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!

No comments