Stay Safe and Create Layout

Hi!

Last week I received the new Photo Play Living the Quarantine Life collection. It's a very small collection with only 4 double sided patterned papers and the die cuts, but they are so pretty! I already made two layouts with the kit and still have enough paper for a few more layouts. Today I'm sharing the first layout I made, titled Stay Safe and Create.

For this layout, I cut a 1" border frame from the green polka dot paper. I do this to use the inside part of the paper in other projects and instead of wasting it. Then, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2", distressed the edges, and adhered it to the frame. The "quotes/sayings" paper is the back side of the green polka dot paper. I used the interior part of the frame and reduced it to 6" x 9", then I distressed the edges. 


As you can see, this is a very easy, clean and quick layout. I was inspired by a Page Maps sketch available at A Cherry on Top. I want to use the Covid-19 collections (I have bought a few) as quickly as possible to remember the details before they get lost in my mind because I'm not good at having journals. So you are going to see some Covid related layouts frequently. 


To kill this collection, I decided to use as much as I can from it. The embellishments are basically the die cuts from the collection and others are details from the 3" x 4" cards that I fuzzy cut. To give the page dimension, I added the embellishments using foam adhesive. 


The title was made using American Crafts Thickers Hope and Dreams. They are glitter foam in navy, maybe not the best color to capture the eye of the viewer but I helped it stand out by adding a few details from the set in the clusters area. This way it catches the attention of the person seeing the layout


The last details were some drops using Nuvo in Calming Aqua, Strawberry Coulis and Midnight Blue. Once they were dried, I added a border using orange thread and my sewing machine.


Thanks for your visit! Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Tomorrow I'll be sharing another Covid related layout I made with this collection. Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!


No comments