Covid-19 Layout

Hi!
Here is the second layout I've made using the Photo Play Living the Quarantine Life collection. As mentioned in my previous post, I want to use these coronavirus related collections as quickly as possible. This is why, both layouts were made quickly, to document the hard times we are living. In Puerto Rico, where we live, the curfew started on March 16 and this week (June 16), the government started to soften it. So it has been very long days at home trying to enjoy as much time together as possible since we can't go anywhere. For me, it's a very long Summer that started in March, with both girls at home and my husband working from here. Sometimes it is hard, because of the difference in age between them, a toddler and a teenager, but until now, we have managed it well. Thank God, we love being at home, it's our normal, and we are blessed to have many things to do here, which helps a lot!

For this layout, I used photos from the first days in quarantine. We went to the patio with the girls to have some fun. We flew a kite and they used the swings. It is always fun when we are together, just enjoying the blessing of being a family and having good health. I started this layout by cutting stripes of paper. The orange is 3/4" x 12". The virus paper is 3 1/2" x 12" and the green scalloped border was made using Bazzill cardstock and a Stampin' Up border punch. The red paper measures 6 1/4" x 8 1/4". 


Once the papers were cut and adhered to the navy blue cardstock, I used a white Gelly Roll pen to make a border around the red paper.


Then I added the title, using the collection's die cuts. To give them dimension, I used foam adhesive to adhere them to the layout. 


I created three clusters around the page to capture the viewers' attention. I used die cuts and elements I fuzzy cut from the cards. For another texture and more dimension, I used Nuvo Drops in Midnight Blue, Simply White and Red Berry.


At the end, I added a border using white thread and the sewing machine. Then, to finish it, I added paint splatters using white acrylic paint diluted in water.




Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! I'll be back tomorrow with a double spread layout, don't miss it!




No comments