Explorer Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

This week is sketch reveal at My Creative Scrapbook and I want to share with you the layout I made with it. Like every month, Laura Creates designed a beautiful sketch and I enjoyed using it. This month's design is perfect to use scraps because it uses many strips of paper in different width and length. I had fun making this layout and love how it looks. Stay with me to learn how I made this page and see me creating it in the process video at the end of this post.


Below is the sketch for this month. Isn't it gorgeous? This time, I basically followed the design with minimum changes. In my layout, the ends of the paper strips are diagonal and I stitched in the middle of each strip of paper. 
 

In the next photo, you can appreciate another view of my layout and the stitching in the papers.

To create this page, I cut strips from different papers. Some are 1/2", 3/4", 5/8", 1" and 1 1/4" width and the length was cut when arranging the strips. It took me some time to arrange the papers because I wanted them to be seen. For that, I tried to separate the colors, for example, you can see the pink papers in the top, middle and bottom, but not together, even though the designs are different.


To recreate the circles in the corner of the sketch, I used the stamp in the kit, a black pen and acrylic paint diluted in water. In the process video you can see how simple it is to have this look in your projects.




For the title, I used the "Explorer" sticker in the kit and created a little cluster in the corner of the photo using a heart chipboard, a fussy cut flower, and a sticker.


To recreate the washi tape detail in the sketch, I took one of the strips of paper that I didn't use in the layout, and cut two pieces using the scissor to make it look like the torn edges of a piece of washi.


On the other corner of the photos you can find another cluster, using a chipboard swan and flower, a fussy cut flower, chipboard hearts, and a floral sticker.


I love this layout and how beautiful it turned out. Now, let's watch the process video of this layout.


If you want to see me creating this layout, check the process video here:


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft! Don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more inspiration. 



No comments