Fun Weekend Away Layout with Process Video

Hello!

It's time to share another layout made with the beautiful August Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook featuring Maggie Holmes Round Trip collection. This time, I'm sharing a layout using one of this month’s cut files that you get with your subscription to the kit, and a little bit of mixed media. If you want to learn how I made this page, stay with me during this post and you watch the process video at the end.

For this layout, I was inspired by the cut file, so the first thing I did, was cut the it using my Silhouette Cameo and white cardstock. Then, I backed the design using papers from the collection. Using black watercolor paint and a brush, I colored the word "away" and let it dry.  

For the word "weekend", I used the cutting machine to have them cut perfectly. To do that, I right-clicked on the design, selected "release compound", then started removing everything to leave the letters alone and used the navy patterned paper from the collection to cut them. To add them to the layout, I prepared the background, then glued them using foam tape for dimension.


To create the background, I used a stencil from Vicki Boutin that looks like roads and two yellow tones of her art crayons. With black acrylic paint diluted in water I created the paint splatters and let them dry.


Then, I cut the blue and yellow patterned papers in the left side of the layout. I distressed them, then added them to the layout. On top, I added the photos matted in the woodgrain paper and in the orange/pink stripes paper, also distressed. The next step was adding the cut file to the layout.


In the title, I added the word “Fun" and the label “memories" from the stickers. Then, I embellished the luggage using the binoculars and more luggage from the chipboard sheet.




On the top part of the layout, I added a little cluster made with tags, thread, a stamped label, and some additional luggage to balance the design. In the end, I matted the white cardstock with a black cardstock to make it more interesting.


With that, I finished this beautiful page, but now you can watch me here creating this layout. 


Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visit and I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft! Don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.

No comments