Simply Beautiful Layout with Process Video

Hello!

It's time for new inspiration, and I'm here to share with you my last layout using the beautiful August Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook featuring Maggie Holmes Round Trip collection. For this layout, I wanted to use the yellow paper like a quilt and, which is what I did here. Stay with me during this post while I talk with you about how I made this layout, and watch me create this page in the process video at the end!

This is my sixth layout using the kit, so I didn't have the whole sheet of paper. Instead, I had a piece of the yellow paper to create this layout, but it was enough to design this page. I started by cutting the squares of yellow paper. Some squares were complete and others were not, but they all work for this page. 


Once they were separated, I distressed the edges of the papers and arranged them in the white cardstock. After they were glued to the layout, I stitched around the pieces of paper using the sewing machine and white thread.


To help the photos stand out, I decided to used the kissing technique to add a mint Shimmerz paint to the layout. For that, I diluted the paint with water and used a piece of transparency to apply it to the cardstock, then let it dry. 

In this layout I used two photos and matted them using papers and cards from the kit with the borders distressed. I added them slightly tilted for more interest. I added them to the layout using tape and let them touch in the center. For the title, I used the black foam Thicker letters from the kit.


Now that the main parts of the layout were ready, I started to embellish it. For that, I used the stickers, chipboards, and pieces of the fussy cut flowers. I added them using liquid glue and foam tape to create layers and dimension on the page.


I repeated the same type of cluster in the other corner of the photos as shown below.


At the end, I added a black splatters to the layout using acrylic paint diluted in water. With that, I finished this beautiful page that you can recreate easily. 


If you want to see me creating this layout, check this quick video here, maybe you can learn something! Don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.


Thanks for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!


No comments