Eyes of Love Layout with Process Video

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day in your part of the world! I'm very happy to share with you my first layout using the August Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook featuring Maggie Holmes Round Trip collection. This is a travel collection but it can easily by adapted to other themes. In this case, I used it for a photo of my husband looking at our daughter with eyes of love and it worked perfectly. Let's talk about how I made this layout, and check the process video at the end to see me creating it.



For the base of this layout, I used a white cardstock and added the gingham lavender paper on top of it. To cut the paper diagonally, I marked one of the edges at 1" and the other at 5", then used the paper trimmer to cut from one mark to the other. This paper has flowers on the other side, so I fussy cut all the flowers I could from that side to used in this and other layouts.

Using a Martha Stewart doily edge punch, I made the decorative border using the woodgrain paper in the kit and added it behind the lavender paper. Then, I added the papers to the white cardstock using tape and machine stitched around the border using white thread.
 
Once the papers were ready, I cut pieces of paper to mat the photo and distressed the edges to add texture and interest. I placed the photo a little bit to the right side of the layout instead of the center, to create a diagonal design with three floral clusters. 

This is the first cluster, made with pieces of chipboard and some of the flowers previously fussy cut from the paper. To make them look more realistic, I used two different thin dies, one from Sizzix and the other from Paper Rose, to cut cardstock leaves. I used two tones of green for more impact in the cluster. Then, I added a butterfly sticker and a few Nuvo Drops in Simply White, Lilac Whisper, and Blue Lagoon.


Below you can see the other floral cluster.


This is the third cluster, made in the bottom corner of the layout using a label sticker to ground the flowers and a chipboard heart as a final touch.


For the title, I used the black foam alphas included in the kit which allows me to create my own title and in the photo I added a word sticker as a subtitle for the layout.


Take a look into the clusters and main part of this layout. I love how this page turned out and how sweet and elegant it is.

Here is the process video if you want to see me creating this gorgeous page:


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!



No comments