You Are My Sunshine (Bright) Layout

 Hi! I'm back again, this time with the second option I made for the summer cover of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine. As mentioned in my previous post, I was invited to create one of the layouts they would consider for the cover and I was so happy, that I made two layouts to choose one for the submission. Thankfully they helped me choose one, because the votes at home were divided. The chosen one was the layout with the sunflowers cluster, but this one also reflects my style and I didn't want to throw it away so I decided to re-use it with new journaling and a photo of my daughters. The layout below is the re-used one and the other is the original (girl with sunflower). Stay with me, and let's talk about this layout!


After looking for a nice photo of my daughters, I found this one that was a selfie the older one took in December and I fell in love with it! You can see their big and beautiful smiles that always brighten our day and you can also see their personalities in their facial expressions. This was my first time working with 8 1/2" x 11" layouts and it was fun. Really easy compared to 12" x 12" or 24" x 12" layouts. Just a few embellishments and is was done! For this layout, I used products from Simple Stories Sunkissed collection like patterned papers, stickers, die cuts, and foam.
For the title, I used a label from the sticker book and an alphabet stamp from Elle's Studio with a Navy ink from Pinkfresh Studio. Then, I made a little cluster of flowers, hearts, and other elements before adding the "Sunshine" stickers using foam tape. In this cluster I used a variety of products like stickers, chipboards, and foam for interest and textures. 


I used the sewing machine and pink thread to create the decorative border around the page, and I love how it looks. It gives the layout a nice finish and another texture! The journaling was originally printed directly on the label, but after changing the photo, I printed it in thin white cardstock, cut it to size and attached it on top of the label to cover the previous one. This area was embellished with sticker by using foam tape.


In the next photo, you can see the full title and all the patterned papers used in the layout. Also, you can appreciate the banner and diagonal cut I made to the two strips of paper that go from the top to the bottom on the right side.


That's all for this layout. It is a simple, but beautiful one that brings a smile to my face. I hope you like it as much as I do and it inspires you to craft! Thanks for your visit and have a beautiful day!



No comments