Love This Adventure Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! Today I want to share with you this beautiful layout I made for my daughter. It is one of those layouts that you imagine in your head when you see the a special paper and thankfully it came out as you imagine it. When I received the August Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook, I checked all the papers, and saw the paper with the rainbow and fell in love with it. The truth is, I didn't want to use it as it is, I wanted to create my own rainbow and this is what came out of it. I have to tell you, I love the colors, the textures, and how cute this layout turned out, so let's talk about how I made this page and watch me creating it in the process video at the end.

I started this page by cutting the strips of color from the rainbow. Using the sewing machine, I stitched a zig zag in the middle of them, using a similar color thread. Then, I distressed the edges of the strips and arranged them in the white cardstock to look like a rainbow. In the video you can see how I cut the navy and mint stripes to extend them to the edges of the white cardstock.

Here is a closer look at the strips of color. Once they were glued to the white cardstock, I cut the edges to remove the excess and matted the cardstock in a navy one and secured everything by stitching a white border around the layout. 


To help the photo stand out, I matted it on a piece of navy paper and a piece of yellow paper. Both papers were distressed for texture and interest. Also, because this will help the photo stand out.


To embellish the layout without covering too much of the rainbow, I made a small floral cluster in the corner of the photo using stickers and fussy cut flowers. Also, I added a few leaves cut out of cardstock using a thin die from Sizzix.


Behind the photo, I added two tags cut from one of the papers in the kit. I used a thick crochet thread to make a bow on them. Using the tone on tone technique for a subtle look, I added a label, a heart and a butterfly on the left side of the photo.


On the right side, I added a chipboard butterfly in the pink area using the tone on tone technique too, so it doesn't overwhelm the page. I also added a label and a heart on the peach strip.


For the title, I mixed a piece of chipboard, a word sticker and stamped a phrase on a label using the Bo Bunny stamp included in the kit and a navy ink from PinkFresh Studio. I embellished this area with a camera and a heart.


The journaling was printed in thin cardstock and added to the layout in thin strips. At the end, I added gold paint splatters using Shimmerz Old Yeller and a few Nuvo Drops Morning Dew.


That's all for this layout, I hope you like it and it inspires you to craft. If you want to see me creating this page, you can watch the process video here:



Thanks for your visit and don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!



No comments