You Are My Sunshine (Sunflowers) Layout

 Hello! Today I'm sharing with you a special layout. Well, this is the first of two layouts I made for the Summer cover of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine. With every issue, they invite three designers to create a page that can be the cover of the magazine. You can imagine how surprised and happy I was to be considered for this. Mine was not the winner, but it was an amazing opportunity because I was considered alongside two other talented and well known scrapbookers like Nathalie DeSousa and Brianna Lepper. When they contacted me, I was so thrilled that I decided to make two layouts and choose one of them, so I made this with sunflowers to match the provided photo, and another with bright colors. I sent both layouts for them to choose which one they prefer, and the sunflower layout was the chosen one. 

I wanted to re-use the layout, but this time with a photo of my daughters. Here in this post, you can see the original version published in the magazine and how I modified it with a photo of my daughters and new journaling, everything else is the same. Below you can see the re-used layout. I choose this photo because my toddler was wearing a sunflowers dress, this way the theme will work perfectly. So, let's check both layouts and talk about the design!

The papers and flowers used in this layout are from Carta Bella Sunflower Market collection. I used different papers from the collection and white textured cardstock from American Crafts to create the background. For some texture, I distressed the edges of the paper and used the sewing machine to stitch a border around the layout. 

For the title I mixed stickers from Elle's Studio and the gold glittery "sunshine" word from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


To enhance the sunflower theme, I used the sunflowers from the sticker sheet, and I fussy cut some others from a paper and one of the chipboard pack. After having the flowers in the position I wanted, I started adding them to layout, some with foam adhesive to create layers, dimension, and interest in the layout.


After changing the photo, I changed the journaling too. I printed it on thin white cardstock and cut it in thin strips, then used foam tape to add it to the layout.


The final touch was adding a few Nuvo Drops in Bubblegum Blush.


This was my first time working an 8 1/2" x 11" layout, I was afraid at first, but at the end I was very happy with the result and how easy it is to work with this size of page. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. Have a wonderful day!



No comments