Wherever We Go... Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are doing great in your part of the world! Today I want to share with you a layout I made using My Creative Scrapbook August Main Kit and one of the cut files they added this month to the library. It is a butterflies frame designed by Peartree Cut Files and it is gorgeous. When I saw it, I wanted to use it right away, so I created this layout that you can see below. If you want to learn how I made it, stay with me during this post and check the process video at the end.

As mentioned before, I was inspired by the cut file to create this beautiful layout for my daughters. The first thing I did was cut the design in white cardstock, but I cut it twice. The first one is the frame with the butterflies as it was designed and the other was just the butterflies. I did that by using the eraser tool in the Silhouette Studio program to remove the frame, then using a scissor I removed the excess from the wings.

To back the butterflies of the frame, I used pieces of papers in different colors. One is pink, another is peach, and the other one is blue. For the individual butterflies, I used vellum and glued them on top of the butterflies in the frame. I used liquid adhesive in the center of the butterfly and a little piece of foam tape in the wings.


Then, I prepared the background of the layout. For that, I cut a 1" frame out of the blue paper and added a white 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" cardstock on top of it. On the left side of the layout, I added three pieces of paper with one of the edges torn and distressed. Once they were ready, I stitched a white border around the layout.


To help the photo stand out, I matted it using a black and white paper and distressed the edges. Then, I cut two tags from one of the papers and added a bow to them using crochet thread. Then, I placed them behind the photo.


On the lower right corner, I made a little cluster to balance the layout. There, I used stickers and chipboard pieces and used the label as the journaling spot.


For the title, I used a sticker with foam tape on the back.


To finish the layot, I added black splatters made with acrylic paint diluted in water and a few Nuvo Drops Pearls.


This is a simple but elegant layout that is easy to recreate, even if you don't have the cut file, since you can substitute the butterflies with stickers, die cuts, or other items. Well, that's all for this layout, now, if you want to see me creating this beautiful page, let's check the process video here


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft. Don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!

No comments