Darling Layout

Hello!

I began scrapbooking in 2004, at that time there were not so many tools and products available like now, so one of the techniques I used to do a lot was paper piecing, specially for cards.  I remember doing a card for some family members where I created a very cute doll, also some layouts.  A few years later die cutting machines came available and I continued to do paper piecing but with the electronic die cutters, which makes them easier.  Recently, I found Lisa Fonseca, who is a very talented woman, she creates cute paper piecing designs for her projects and she is amazing.  After seeing her work I remembered those days when I started and decided I should do some hand paper piecing again, and here is the result.



I draw this doll to mimic my baby girl who loves tutu skirts and was wearing one during the day of the photos.  After creating the doll, I hand stitched around it using embroidery thread, then embellish her with pearls, chipboard flowers and a heart puffy sticker.  I used foam adhesive to adhere her to the layout.  For an additional layer of texture I did a machine stitching border around the layout using yellow thread and added a foam title from American Crafts Beautiful Thicker set.

Since I used a white cardstock as the background, I decided to do some mix media near the doll, to helpit look more artistic and not so white.  For that I used Shimmerz Paints Miner, Miner 49er, Meet Me @ Sunset, Cotton Candy and mix of Green Goddess and Refresh Mint.  This is the first time I create a painted background, I usually add splatters to my pages but this is the first time I did mix media using gesso and the plastic technique.

To embellish the page I used the 12x12 sticker sheet, chipboards, bits & pieces and puffy stickers from the Dream Big Collection.  To enhance the cat and the ice cream cone I added a little bit of glam pink Stickle to them.


The papers I used for the layout are from Simple Stories Dream Big Collection.  I used some stripes of paper that I tear and added them in the middle of the page, also used other papers to mat the photos and under the white cardstock to create a frame.




Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope you get inspired and try new techniques.  Until soon!



   

No comments