Merry Christmas Layout

Hi

Happy Friday!  Hope you are having a great day!  Today I'm sharing a layout I made using some family pictures we took the night before Christmas, after the girls leave some cookies and milk for Santa.  As I have mentioned before, you never know what is going to happen when our baby is part of the photo, she was decided to not smile for the camera, so those are the results, lol.  Anyway, I like the photos, they are cute and reflect our personalities and are perfect for these beautiful papers.




This collection is Merry & Bright from Simple Stories.  I love the look of the poinsettias on Christmas projects so you can imagine I fell in love with this collection immediately.  I distressed the papers and sew a border around many of them using the sewing machine and black thread.  To enhance the flowers I sewed red sequins around them and used an X-Acto knife to cut around the ones that are part of the background paper.  Also, used Glossy Accent to give the red and white circles more dimension.




I used foam tape behind the photos, stickers, and in many of the flowers for more interest and added a kraft button to the center of the poinsettias to enhance the kraft color of the collection, which I love!  For the journaling I created a tag and hide it behind the top photo.




The page was embellish using the 12x12 sticker sheet and the Bits and Pieces from the collection.  To finish the layout I added some paint splatters using Shimmerz Paints Miner, Miner 49er and Coal.  
The letters from the title are from American Crafts Happy Thickers in gold.


Thanks for your visit, hope you get inspired!  I'll be having a new post on Monday, don't miss it, is going to very girly and cute!




No comments