Love Ya Layout

Hi!

A few month ago I bought my Silhouette Cameo 3 and immediately I started to cut some files, and the one in this layout is one of them.  I just cut them (still have others cut and ready to be backed) to test the machine without knowing what I'll was going to do with them but since I don't want to trough them away, I'll be using them.  This one was too big for, it would have been better to have it a little smaller, but I managed to use it the best way I can.

This photo was from 2016, I was 6 or 7 months pregnant and I was celebrating my 38th birthday.  My husband took this beautiful photo of me and our daughter at the beach.  Those days she always used flowers' headbands made by me and the one in the photo inspired me to use this beautiful papers from Pebbles My Bright Life collection by Jen Hadfield.




The cut file was created by Paige Evans, you can find it in her Etsy shop or in the Silhouette Store design id #259829.  This file is so pretty and easy to back, but my recommendation is to cut is smaller so you can have more white space in the layout and maybe use more photo.  In my case I used only one photo because I don't wanted to cover too much of the cut file.


For the title, I used American Crafts Thickers Patio Party, I think they are part of the Jen Hadfield collections, it looks like wood and gives the page a nice look.  I did some mix media, using an old Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist I have in Pink Bubblegum, also Nuvo Mica Mist in Turkish Rose and Nebula Blue, and Shimmerz in Key Lime, Ride the Tide and Miner, Miner 49er.

For more interest I added a few die cuts and stickers from the collection using foam adhesive. 


The journaling was written in the right corner of the layout using a black pen, this one is about my love for my daughter and to tell her she can always count on me, also added some journaling in the tag behind the photo.  To finish it, I mounted the layout on a black cardstock and stitch around to border because I love the look of the stitches and it also helps to maintain the layout flat.

Thanks for your visit, hopefully tomorrow I'll be sharing a new layout I'm working with and is almost done!





No comments