Disney Dec 2018 Album (Video)

Hi!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Yesterday, I finished the Sn@p! pocket page album I mentioned in my previous posts.  It's a Disney mini album, you can find a flip through video at the end of this post.  I bought those papers, binder and embellishments a few month ago and leaved them near my working table.  I planned on doing at least a few pages per week, but the truth is I never touched it until two weeks ago, when I decided to started working on it until  finish.  Before starting the album, I made a selection of the photos I liked from our trip to Disney in December 2018 when we visited Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.  Before ordering the prints, I resized the photos to  3" x 4", 4" x 6" and others to 3 1/2" x 5".  Those are the sizes I often use when doing scrapbook, either for layouts or mini albums.



The binder from the collection is so cute that I didn't want to covered it. This is the reason I only added a few embellishments to the bottom corner.  I made a shaker using one of the die cut frames from the collection.  To make it, I used a clear resealable bag.  This is the first time I try the bag for the shaker and I have to say it is easier and faster but, I don't like how it looks.  I prefer the acetate sharp look no matter it takes more time and adhesive.  To complete the cover the decoration, I added a ribbon bow and a button on the center, for an additional detail.  The frame was embellished with sticker, diecut and chipboard.   The glitters are from Target and Michael's.  The mouse face was made using an EK Success punch.


This album turned out so huge, I think I'll be dividing it in two binders to be sure the pages suffer no damage.  Also, to secure the pages, I used the We R Memory Keepers holes reinforcement punch to gives the pages more strength.


Some of the embellishments were added using foam adhesive of 1/16" thickness, just to create some depth without making them too tall.  The viewfinder is a cut file from Simple Stories in the Silhouette Design store, the file number is 82188.


For other textures and to add interest, and because I love how they look, I made a few shakers in the album. The shaker pocket pages were sewed on top of using my sewing machine to secure the glitters.


Throughout the album, I created some flaps and pockets, to add more photos.  In the previous photo you can see a 3" x 4" photo on the right page, but when the paper is lifted, two more photos appears.


In the next page, you can see a double spread I created, using the photos of Mickey and Minnie at Animal Kingdom.  The photos on the right are a little less than 2" x 2".  There I used the 2" x 2" cards from the Sn@p! pack, they are perfect because they are already embellished!


To enhance the pages, I used a black and/or white pen to made borders.  Also, used some old brads I had in my stash from another Say Cheese collection.


This page also have a flap, that reveals more photos with Cinderella.  To embellish the pocket and other pages, I used a scalloped edge punch from Stampin' Up.  I bought this paper punch a long time ago, it's one of my favorites because it works with every theme.


To decorate the pages, I used an old washi tape from Echo Park Paper and the 4" x 6" sticker pack of Say Cheese 4 collection.  Those squares works perfectly to create borders.


The binder came with many pages but I wanted to create some extra pages.  I made them using cardstock, some pages in white and others in black.  In the next photo, you can see on the right a page I created.  I added a flap that opens to the left and a pocket to insert more photos.


In the pocket I added two mats, one for a 4" x 6" photo and another for four 4" x 3" photo.


I mat the pages and flaps using patterned paper and cards, then  embellished them with stickers.  I love how cute they look!


This is another view of the pocket inserts.  This page is heavy but I used strong tape adhesive and the hole reinforcement to ensure it is going to last.


The page on the left have a 3" x 4" photo in a 4" x 6" pocket.  I didn't have a 4" x 6" photo to use there, so I used the photo and filled the space using a 3" x 4" card.  On the right page I created a flap that opens up.  The kid is holding the flap in place.


When the flap is turned, two photos and a message on the paper are exposed.


Another flap is found in the next page.  It opens to the left and the kid is holding it.  On the right side I used a transparency (overlay) from an old Say Cheese collection.


When you open the flap, it reveals two photos of one of the shows and some journaling in one of the 4" x 6" cards.


The shaker card in this page was made using a Sn@p! card from Say Cheese I.  I had it for a few years in my stash but I finally found a good use to it.  I still have a lot of papers and embellishments from all the Say Cheese collections, I love them!  They are pretty and all the collections coordinates perfectly.  I don't know if I'll be able to used all that stuff someday, but I love having those Disney related products on hand, they always inspire me.

The square stickers from the 4" x 6" book were used on top of the card to embellished it. The glitter is from Target and Michael's.


Also, I used the 12" x 12" stickers from the collection and the different die cuts available, the kids, ephemera and frames.


The right page have a flap that opens to the side to reveal three photos and a 4" x 4" card.


Basically, all of my photos have a mat, I love the look of the white border around the photo and how it enhance it.  Using the cards from the patterned papers and the Sn@p! cards, helps a lot when doing a pocket album. I used them to filled the empty spaces in the pages and since they have messages and  cute designs, I didn't have to add  much, just a few details and the pages were pretty!


Those are some of the pages I made, if you want to see them all, check the following flip through video and remember to click the "like" button if you enjoy it!


Thanks for visiting my blog, hope my work inspires you to create!


No comments